Yesterday I got a stack of the book “Delivering Happiness” by Zappos’ Tony Hsieh in the mail.
I’m not sure what prompted this, or what to do with all of them, but for now, here are seven sample interview questions at Zappos, from page 172.
Let me know what you think of some of them.
- Give me an example from your previous job(s) where you had to think and act outside the box.
- What was the best mistake you made on the job? Why was it the best?
- Tell me about a time you recognized a problem/area to improve that was outside of your job duties and solved [it] without being asked to. What was it? How did you do it?
- Would you say you are more or less creative than the average person? Can you give me an example?
- If it was your first day on the job at Zappos and your task was to make the interview/recruiting process more fun, what would you do for those eight hours?
- What’s an example of a risk you took in a previous job? What was the outcome?
- When was the last time you broke the rules/policy to get the job done?